Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chopped Veggie Roll Ups


What inspired me to make these roll ups is this pizza that my children love, it is served cold with a cream cheese spread and chopped veggies on top. Anything they love for dinner is something I consider to tweak for their lunch box. I'd say this tweak absolutely worked and it filled my children up with good veggies, just like I try to do.

You will want to use the vegetables your child will eat. I used zucchini, red bell pepper, carrots, yellow squash, cucumber and broccoli and my kids said it was missing cauliflower. I mix a tub of the cream cheese spread to use now and later, you can spread plain cream cheese on the wrap and top with the dill weed and garlic powder, instead of mixing all at one.


Chopped Veggie Roll Ups

8 oz. tub of spreadable light cream cheese
1 tsp. dill weed
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Whole wheat tortilla or Flat Out bread
a handful of your child's favorite veggies, chopped

Mix cream cheese, dill weed ad garlic powder in cream cheese container. Save rest for later. Spread onto spread (about 2 Tbsp. if using Flat Out), then top with chopped vegetables. Roll up and wrap up.






No comments:

Post a Comment