Pimiento Cheese is a delicious southern sandwich that is perfect for a lunch box. It can be cut into triangles with the crusts removed for a finger food event or even grilled. It's the signature dish at The Masters Tournament. It is easy to make and it is oh so good!
Pimiento Cheese Sandwich
makes 4 cups of cheese spread
- 1 cup of mayo
- 1 4 oz. jar diced pimiento
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. finely diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 8 oz. block of extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 8 oz. block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Stir mayo, pimiento, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and pepper in a bowl. Add cheese and mix. Keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. Can be served on crackers, celery, with chips, but best served as a sandwich.