Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Veggie Bagel


My little one in elementary school has been begging me to make this for her lunch. It's inspired by PW's Veggie and Cheese Bagel but it's been changed a little to make it a little healthier, quicker to make and more lunch box friendly. Instead of avocado I used store bought guacamole so it wouldn't turn brown before the lunch bell rang.

Here is the lowdown-

Veggie Bagel

  •  bagel thins (I used Toufayan's smartbagel)
  • Chive and Onion spreadable cream cheese (I used Philadelphia's 1/3 less fat)
  • Guacamole (the most natural you can find)
  • cucumber
  • spinach
  • alfalfa sprouts
  • tomato
  • 2 slices of cheese (I used 1 cheddar and 1 baby swiss)
Spread cream cheese on one side and the guacamole on the other. Sandwich everything else, to taste, in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment