Fact: Sandwiches taste better with something crunchy on the side.
Good news!! The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook has a great snack that also serves as a great side to sandwiches. The kids can get the crunch without the greasy fat.
- 4 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup high-fiber, low-sugar cereal squares (I used Cinnamon Quaker Oatmeal Squares)
- 1/2 cup dried red fruit (I used mixed berries)
- 2 T. mini chocolate chips (I may have doubled that....)
- and I added 1/2 cup dried banana chips
Place everything in a bag (I used a gallon zip lock) and shake. You can store left-overs in the zip-lock bag or an airtight container for up to 3 days.