Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Huevos Rancheros Wrap


I still have about a dozen dyed eggs left to use. How about you?

Once upon a time there was a real big egg scare. They blamed the yolk for causing high cholesterol. All of a sudden it was the food to avoid. I am so glad that fad is over. (and don't get me started on my food fad frustrations) Now it is said that you can have 1 whole egg without any cholesterol issues.

And they are good for you.

This wrap was listed as a breakfast idea here and is another great way to use those Easter eggs and fill the those lunch boxes. I made one minor change.

Huevos Rancheros Wrap
  • 1 whole wheat tortilla (fajita sized)
  • 1 Laughing Cow wedge (I used the Queso Fresco & Chipotle)
  • 1 slice of ham
  • 1 boiled egg sliced
  • 1 T salsa
Layer ham, cheese, egg and salsa on tortilla. Roll up and wrap. Would be even better with guacamole and refried beans added.

No comments:

Post a Comment