Monday, April 18, 2011

Tuna & Egg Salad Sandwich


This week all of the recipes I post will call for boiled eggs, which I think it perfect since we will probably all have a dozen or two dyed eggs in our fridge after this Easter Sunday. I am pretty excited about the simple yet tastey recipes that I will be sharing.

I learned about this sandwich from my husband who grew up eating it. When he hears "Tuna Sandwich" he thinks this is it, this is THE Tuna Sandwich to him. I had a hard time because I love Tuna Sandwiches and I love Egg Salad Sandwiches, I just wasn't so sure about combining the two. But it's pretty good and I think you and your lunch box carriers might like it also. It's one of the most requested sandwiches by my middle schooler.

Tuna & Egg Salad Sandwich
makes 4

2 5oz. cans of white tuna, in water
2 boiled eggs, diced
1 T. sweet pickle relish (or to taste)
3 T. mayo (or to taste)
salt and pepper
whole wheat hot dog buns

Drain tuna and add to bowl, add diced eggs. Add pickles and mayo and salt and pepper and mix. Serve on whole wheat hot dog buns. Will taste great on any bread.

*pictured with a few spinach leaves



No comments:

Post a Comment