Tuna is a great source of the infamous OMEGA 3. Omega 3 can help with a list of things. As a matter of fact, here is a list from this site.
* They can help to increase your energy level.
* Might prevent certain types of cancer
* Improve your sleep
* Reduce inflammation
* Improve muscle recovery from trauma
* Help with arthritis.
* Provide lubrication to the skin, arteries, veins and intestinal tract.
* Help to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
* Help to improve concentration
* Benefit for diseases like: Alzheimer’s, depression and many other cognitively impaired situations.
* Reduces high blood pressure and lowers cholesterol.
* Might improve the healing capability for various health problems.
* Can improve constipation.
In other words, tuna fish sandwiches are a great lunch box choice. Here is a tuna fish sandwich recipe that's a little different from the basic. Switching things up a bit is always fun and keeps things from being ho-hum.
Cheesy Tuna Sandwich
makes 2-3 sandwiches, depending
- 2 5oz. cans of tuna, in water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I use colby jack)
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of mayo (I used light)
- Spinach (optional)
In a bowl, add drained tuna, cheese, mayo and salt and pepper. Mix well. Can be used on almost any bread choice or even placed in small container with lid and sent to school with crackers.