Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Almost Famous Sandwich


I am a huge fan of Elvis (huge!) and I am certain it stems from the sweet memories of hearing my dad happily sing Elvis songs while riding in the car with him. Things just felt good and right in the world when my dad was singing Blue Suede Shoes.

Do you know what else is good and right? Elvis sandwiches. Are we all familiar with the Elvis Sandwich? Peanut butter, banana, grilled with butter? Oh so warm and deliciously naughty and completely inappropriate for the lunch box.

This sandwich isn't quite as good as the real deal (obviously) but it's almost as good as the famous Elvis Sandwich, which is why it's appropriately called Almost Famous. I've been experimenting with Banana Jam recipes and I am still searching for the perfect one. (I want one without sugar because by golly if Polaner can make a fruit spread only using fruit, why can't I?) I have successfully tried this recipe using half the sugar (and it is good!) and plan to try this recipe next.


Almost Famous Sandwich
  • peanut butter
  • banana jam
  • sandwich bread
Spread peanut butter on one slice of bread, the banana jam on the other. Join the two and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment