Thursday, February 3, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wraps


I heard a rumor- I heard that there is a big football game Sunday. I also heard that people like to eat Buffalo Wings on game day. That is the inspiration for this wrap that only my high schooler was brave enough to take to lunch. Your family may also enjoy this wrap while being all wrapped up in the Super Bowl.

Buffalo Wings go with celery and celery (hold the phone!) comes with potassium, calcium, magnesium, folic acid, iron, phosphorus and vitamins B1, B2, B6 and C. Not including plenty of essential amino acids.

 And we thought celery was only good for being negative calories

Ready for a taste of Super Bowl? Here is the lowdown-  

Buffalo Chicken Wraps
serves 1, easily multiplied

1 chicken breast, grilled or baked
1/2 T. Hot Buffalo Sauce (or to taste)
2 T. Blue Cheese salad dressing (or Ranch)
1 T. Mayo
1 celery stem, diced
1 slice of cheese (I used provolone)
spinach
1 wrap

Slice chicken breast and toss with hot sauce.  In separate bowl mix salad dressing, mayo and diced celery. Smear dressing and celery mixture in the middle of wrap. Add cheese, then chicken. Top with spinach. Roll into a wrap and cover with plastic wrap.

2 comments:

  1. How old are your children? They have really progressive palates. I guess my son is really finicky. I don't think he would eat your selections even though they look delicious.
    ka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim- I mentioned at the beginning of the post, only my high school aged child was brave enough to take this to lunch. :) She said it was spicey for her, but delicious. (and it is)

    As for everything else, my school aged children are 4th, 6th, and 11th graders and they are pretty adventurous with food. I don't think I've posted anything YET that is too far out there. I mean, I haven't even shared the bean sprout and raisin sandwich yet. :)

    ReplyDelete