Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tips: Fruit Strips


After a long weekend I woke to yet another morning of lunch box making but had a problem. There was only a handful of grapes left in the fridge that were headed to the raisin stage and a few clementines in the fruit basket that were also going bad. Our weekend started with a gracious plenty of fruit but with most foods in this house, it goes fast.

Thankfully I keep a supply of fruit strips for such occasions. Granted, I have to hide them so that I have them on such days, but at least they can be hidden, unlike fresh fruit. Of course, I'd prefer to pack fresh fruit but and am grateful for this alternative.

I am also thinking that this summer when I am making jam, I may also have to make some fruit leather.

And that, my friends, is Lorinda's Lunch Box Lowdown for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment