Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Egg Salad, Salsa and Cheddar Sandwich


I made this for my high schooler because eggs, salsa and cheddar cheese are her 3 favorite foods. When she came home she said, "I opened my lunch box and looked at the sandwich, everyone at the lunch table looked at it in disgust and I told them that 'I think my mom has pushed it too far this time'. But then I took a bite... and boy was it good!"

If you or your kids love eggs, salsa and cheese too, I hope you'll give this one a try. I don't even love those foods (but I like them a lot) and I enjoyed this sandwich.

Egg Salad, Salsa and Cheddar Sandwich

  • 2 boiled eggs
  • 1-2 tsp mayo (just enough for the egg to bind)
  • a spoonful of salsa
  • 1 slice of cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper
  • whole wheat or multi-grain hamburger bun
Take a fork to the boiled eggs and mash. Add just enough mayo for the eggs to bind. Add salt and pepper. Put slice of cheese on bread. Add about half the egg mixture, then top with salsa, then add the rest of the egg. This is to prevent the salsa from making the bread soggy.



sandwich tip-  actually 2 eggs make this quite a bit of filling and 1 egg isn't quite enough, so three eggs should make 2 sandwiches perfectly. but that may be a matter of preference.


No comments:

Post a Comment