Friday, March 25, 2011

BBQ Chicken Sandwich


My all time favorite pizza in the whole wide world is the Barbeque Chicken Pizza. Oh boy, do I love it! Every ingredient go together so perfectly for me. That is what has inspired this sandwich. I think I am going to look for every possible way to put chicken, bbq sauce, cilantro, red onion and cheese together. (have you seen my recipe for BBQ Chicken Quesadilla's?)

Red onion has many health benefits. They can keep blood sugar in check, they are good for your bones, they are a natural anti-inflammatory and the B6 and chromium in onions helps to increase cardiovascular health. What a bargain!

Here is the lowdown on this flavorful sandwich-

BBQ Chicken Sandwich
serves 1
  • 2 slices of bread (I used sandwich thins)
  • 1 grilled chicken breast
  • your favorite bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's)
  • a few slivers of red onion
  • 1 Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss wedge
Mix cheese wedge and cilantro in a small bowl and set aside. Slice or shred chicken and add to 1 slice of bread. Top with bbq sauce (to your liking) and add red onion. Spread the cheese mix over the other slice of bread and add to top the sandwich.






No comments:

Post a Comment