Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Green Pasta Salad


This pasta salad is great for St. Patrick's day. I think it'll be a little less embarrassing than the bread my mom made my sandwich out of one St. Patrick's day that had been colored green. Oh the teasing I got for having "moldy bread".  I've been anxiously waiting for Pasta Salad season and I think the time is close enough and a Green Pasta Salad is in order.

Bell Peppers are nutritious, they contain vitamin C and B6, thiamine, carotene and folic acid. That is not including the phytochemicals. All of these nutrients help prevent blood clots and reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes. 


Green Pasta Salad
makes 4 cups
  •  green pasta (I used Ronzoni Garden Delight Rotini and picked out the green pasta)
  • 1/4 bell pepper, diced
  • 1/4 cucumber, diced
  • 1/2 cup broccoli, cut into bit sized pieces
  • 2 string cheeses, cut
  • 1 T. Italian dressing
  • 3 T Green Goddess dressing
Cook pasta according to directions. Rinse with cold water. Add chopped vegetables and cheese. Toss with the salad dressings.

  
***Pair this Green Pasta Salad with some celery with cream cheese and chives and a kiwi cup and you have a fun, tasty and very green lunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment