Friday, March 4, 2011

Sides: Tri Fruit atop Tapioca Pudding


I recently saw a recipe on line with fruit and rice pudding (I wish I could remember where so I could give credit for this idea) and my thoughts were, 'Rice pudding is good, but tapioca is gooder.' (I also wish I remembered where I saw the recipe so I could have went back and saw which fruits were used. The only one a specifically remember is the mango.)

Speaking of mangoes, did you know that mangoes are good for your skin? You could rub the pulp of the mango on your face for about 10 minutes before washing and it will unclog pores. But the even tastier benefit helps your complexion too. Eating mangoes on a regular basis will give your face a soft and shiny glow. All of this is not including the benefit of mangoes being an anti-cancer, a memory booster, good for your eyes, and more.

So to the lunch box lowdown! I used boxed tapioca pudding mix because it's lower in fat and calories than making from scratch, which calls for full fat cream.

Tri Fruit atop Tapioca Pudding
  • Tapioca Pudding box mix, I used Jello brand
  • blueberries
  • raspberries
  • mango
Follow Tapioca pudding directions according to the box, using skim or 1% milk. After it sets in the refrigerator, add to 4 oz container leaving room for fruit.


No comments:

Post a Comment