Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tips: Let the Kids Make Lunch Too


I make lunch for my children every morning mainly because I love to do it. I love to be in the kitchen and the challenge of keeping their lunch boxes interesting is something I get a kick out of. But I know that even though I can make their lunch every. single. morning. doesn't mean I should. They need to learn kitchen skills too and independence is a very good thing. Besides, surely there are brownie points earned when they know they can, they know that I know they can, but I do it for them anyways. They may not end up with a Cuban Sandwich , a Tomato Mozzarella and Basil Sandwich or a BLT Salad Sandwich on the day they make their own but a PB&J and a Bagel Thin can be just as good.

Letting the kids make their own lunch sometimes is good for all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment